Sunday, 27 November 2011

Cardboard City - Play Challenge

Pin It
Yesterday in the Play Challenge Jamie challenged us to play with a box...

I knew we didn't have any big boxes around, which kind of ruled out the imaginative racecar/rocketship/castle scenarios, so I had a think about smaller boxes. I wanted to make a Cereal Box City like the one from Minieco but we didn't have any cereal boxes either. Some craft stash raiding uncovered some long strips of cardboard that came with our bed, and so Cardboard City was born...



I was very inspired by Made By Joel's Paper City (honestly, I copied some of his buildings) - he also has a Paris set so of course I wanted to do a London city.



Here's the London Eye, with the Crystal Palace Transmitter in the background



(that's supposed to be Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament on the left - I couldn't remember what they looked like, so I drew a house next to a clocktower)



Our version of the Overground




Here's The Gherkin and The Shard (authentically leaning to one side)



Umm this was going to be St Pauls (I am going to Hell)

(that's the OLSX Camp out front)




I'm gonna say again, this is very inspired by Made By Joel... you should check out his printable cities too

We have been out playing all day, so Vin hasn't had a chance to explore his city yet (he is currently asleep in the middle of his playmat) but I know he will get a kick out of playing with his cars and making the little people walk around the streets.



I'm a little gutted that this challenge is nearly over - I have loved playing along. Vin has learnt some awesome things and his new favourite words are 'play play' and 'wow' (that's a MAJOR win in my book!)

2 comments:

  1. Fun city, something I would have never thought of doing with a box. Looks like it was a lot of fun to play with. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...