Saturday, 3 December 2011

A Christmas Sensory Tub

Pin It


This weekend we are picking up our Christmas tree, so in anticipation I have been filling the house with little bits of Christmas clutter... sparkly pinecones, cinnamon stick bundles and recycled magazine trees. Of course, Little Vin wanted to get in on the action too, while I was busy jushing and rearranging pretty things he yelled 'Vinnie play with mommy' over and over. I threw together a few things in a baking dish to make this little sensory/discovery activity.




We have cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, dried orange slices, plastic baubles, pinecones and some pieces of tinsel - it smells like real Christmas memories.



I also added a muffin tray and some spoons for sorting/ counting practise and let the kiddos explore.



I had a proper Christmas sensory tub planned out, but I love this spontaneous one I think we'll hold off on the 'official fun' for a week or two...



The run-up to Christmas is my favourite time of year... all that anticipation, tradition and festive plans... I love that Vin can get excited and understand some of what is going on this time round, but that it's not all focus on presents, chocolates and stuf just yet!

3 comments:

  1. Great job throwing this together at a moments notice. Looks great, thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection for a sensory table! Are your dried oranges sticky? I was thinking of adding them to our nature table, but not sure if they would be too sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebekah,

    I sliced our oranges quite thinly, so no stickiness, some of the thicker slices ones still feel a little soft in the centre, but you can dry them out in a low oven. Also they're quite fragile, some of ours got torn to pieces by little fingers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...