Sunday, 22 January 2012

A Colourful Mark Making Tray

Pin It

You might remember I have tried mark-making with a sensory tray before (with ground coffee here and my attempt at a spot of Zen Gardening) - but now that we're looking at letters a bit more seriously (of course the only thing we take seriously is play!) I was inspired by this post from The Imagination Tree to try again... this time in technicolor!


Anna dyed salt in their playtime, but I didn't have enough to hand, so we tried dying rice flour.


After mixing in the colour I left the flour to dry overnight (we would have played with it straight away but Vin wasn't really interested at first!) Anna suggested lining the bottom of the tray with foil to add an extra element when you make the patterns, I think this is a great idea and it stopped the flour escaping under the creases in our box too


When we didn get round to playing he made swirly patterns and circles and then...



in went the dinosaurs - of course! We tried making footprints, but it didn't work so well in the tray, Vin was insistent we had to have dinosaurs so...



Mad skillz right?



2 comments:

  1. Oh it's rice flour. I asked it if was epson salt. I still think that'd be cool on a light table too. Thought the tin foil does show up really nice when you right words too.

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...