Tuesday, 17 January 2012

DIY Foam Stamps

Pin It

I had these DIY stamps from Rockabye Butterfly on my KidArt Pinterest Board for about an hour before I was inspired to make my own! I used self-adhesive craft foam and milk bottle lids to make a fishy, shark fin, smiley face and a letter 's' (since we are still focussing on 's' recognition). I can't believe I didn't think of this myself since we use that sticker foam pretty much every day in our art-time!

 

Come back tomorrow to find out how we used them in our multi-media collaborative mural

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a good idea I was going to buy some foam letters for printing with J - but I could make my own - where do you get the sticky foam sheets from we only have none sticky craft foam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a big pack from WH Smiths, thinking it was regular craft foam! If you're looking for foam letters Sainsburys do a tub for about £1.99 that are designed to stick on the bath (which is what I bought the foam for in the first place!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your foam stamps!! Can't wait to see the art project with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing is if you use water based markers you can color on the foam with them and stamp that way too. No paint....if you want a little less mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, good this is catching on. been doing it for years in my classroom. saves a ton of money!
    for more detailed forms like snow flakes or butterflies you can use pre-cut foam stickers. the bulkier lids from juice bottles are easier to hold for small hands.
    spread some acrylic paint on a paper plate for an instant "ink pad".

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are great! :) thanks for linking on the sunday showcase - i pinned this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cool. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness. I shared them on FB also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...