Monday, 13 February 2012

Keep it Simple - Counting with Legos

Pin It
LEGO COUNTING GAME

Jut a quick post since I haven't done a Keep it Simple activity in a while and because right now I am on a train to Birmingham, going home for the second time in two years!

I scribbled together this little counting game for the kiddos one morning, when I had decided they were having entirely too much fun just playing Legos and were obviously in need of some worksheet style stimulation.

I'm lying of course, I saw something similar on Pinterest and wanted in on the fun. I set out a little bowl with the right number of corresponding pieces as a control and just left it nearby while the kids were playing Legos. I came back later to find it completed, without either of the kiddos mentioning anything to me!

LEGO COLOUR MATCHING GAME

Anyway friends, I'm off to visit half of the city in one day. Have fun, play hard, play harder!

3 comments:

  1. Was it my pin you saw? I did something similar with blocks back in October

    http://happylittlemunchkins.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/counting-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauzi, I don't think it was your pin, but I do love your version. I think you could do a shape/ colour matching game with those wooden blocks too!

      Delete
  2. Will use this with my preschool kids. they love legos, so will incorporate it in the playtime center, they won't even realize they are learning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...