Friday, 9 March 2012

Learning about Clouds - Sensory Style

Pin It
MONTESSORI CLOUD UNIT

While we were playing with our Cloud Sensory Tub earlier this week, I decided we should actually do some proper learning and find out how clouds actually work. I've seen this idea on a couple of places but I think it was on this Cloud Unit on Living Montessori Now first.

Preschool cloud unit

I set out a bowl of cotton balls, one with some water and one empty bowl - Vin dipped the cotton balls into the water to absorb, then squeezed the water out to make rain - he was soo into this! It was kinda funny watching his little 'sqquuueeeze' face as he made sure all the rain came out. 

sensory learning clouds

We have one or two more cloud playtimes up our sleeves so watch this space, in the meantime check out the linky for more weather themed inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. This is so simple, and such a clever cloud demonstration. I love activities like this that have just a few materials, and are very engaging. Love it! Thanks for sharing at the Kid's Co-op!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to feature your post in my "best of last week's link-up." May I have your permission to use a photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I cοuld havе ѕwoгn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Nonetheleѕѕ, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll bе book-marking and chеcking bаck often!



    Alѕο νiѕit my wеblog
    :: bucket truck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read thіs paragraph fully regarding the resemblance
    of latest and preсeding technologіeѕ, it's amazing article.

    My blog post - how to clean a kamado grill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, і think thаt i notiсeԁ you viѕited my web site
    thus i gοt here to go bаck the choose?
    .I am trуing tο in finding isѕues tо
    іmpгоve my site!ӏ guess its adеquate to make use оf some of your conсеpts!

    !

    Feеl freе to viѕit my web sitе: irving tax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spot on with this write-up, I truly belіeνе that this amazіng site
    nееds faг morе attentiοn.
    Ι'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the information!

    Here is my site; seo frisco tx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...